Revenue eBrief No. 50/20
In response to the additional restrictive measures aimed at suppressing the transmission of COVID-19, announced by the Government on 27 March 2020, we wish to advise our customers of the following:
- All our telephone helplines will be closed for the period the measures are in place with the exception of our National Employer Helpline (01 7383638) which will continue to support employers with queries on the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme and our ROS Technical Helpdesk (01 7383699).
- Enquiries and correspondence on any matter can be sent through MyEnquiries, our secure online service available in both myAccount and ROS.
- Customers, and their agents, will continue to have full online access to their myAccount and/or ROS accounts. Our online services enable you to fully manage your tax, including filing returns, sending in enquiries or correspondence, making payments, updating your bank details, etc.
- Customers not already registered for these services can do so easily online:
- PAYE customers will need their PPSN, date of birth, phone number (mobile or landline), email address and home address to register for myAccount. Customers who can verify their identity at registration can get instant access to myAccount, otherwise their myAccount password will issue by standard post.
- Alternatively, if you have a verified MyGovID account, you can use your MyGovID details to sign in to myAccount.
- Business customers and tax practitioners can register for ROS by following the 3 step process outlined on Register for ROS – Business Customers and Practitioners.
- We will continue to process tax returns, reply to correspondence and answer queries submitted through MyEnquiries and other agreed channels (such as TLS), process payments and process repayments as normal.
- Taxpayers whose affairs are dealt with by Revenue’s Large Corporates Division and who are participants in Revenue’s Cooperative Compliance Programme should note that existing channels of communication remain in place.
- Customs operations will continue in Ports and Airports, and our trade facilitation stations will remain open to ensure the smooth operation of essential supply chains.
- Customers who ordinarily receive paper receipts for payments made will be able to view these receipts in their ROS inbox. Paper receipts will not be available.
These necessary changes are implemented as we prioritise the safety of our staff and customers at this time.